Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Milestone: 20 Pounds Lost!

First Goal Reached!  
As with any journey or trip, there are points and stops along the way that makes us reflect on how far we have come so far from our starting point to our destination.  While I have no precise destination of how many pounds I want to lose, and overall health and fitness is my goal, it is a blessing to see the number on the scale get lower.


Today, I am celebrating that number on the scale lowering down to 296, thus losing a total of 20 pounds, reaching my first checkpoint on my journey.  More importantly, I feel healthier, my clothes fit better, and I am not showing any signs of relapsing and slowing down anytime soon.


Any day now, my daughter, Olivia will be born, and I want to have the energy to be an outstanding father, full of life and energy, to her and Isaiah.  I want to model an abundant life in Christ to my children.  This resolve was especially strengthened in my soul after watching the movie, "Courageous", last night.





Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9
New International Version (©1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment