Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ABSolutely Wonderful

Day 4


Today, I hit the gym hard after a breakfast sandwich, which consisted of eggs, turkey ham, and real mayonnaise on whole wheat bread.  
The focus areas of my body were my chest and abs.  I completed three sets of chest exercises on the machines, and then went to the ab circuit training area at Planet Fitness.  


My program is supposed to consist of 12 minutes doing the ab circuit; however, I did that first ab crunch, and it felt like I was punched in the stomach by a combination of Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson at the prime of their careers.  I felt like giving up at this point but I decided to rest for a minute and get back at it.  My favorite ab workout machine was the Ab Coaster, a machine that I once coveted, which is almost like a ride and an exercise at the same time.  I completed 8 out of the 12 recommended minutes, not bad for the first time working my abs in years.


Afterward, I treated myself to an exercise dessert of 30 minutes of cardio on the Arc Trainer.  I ended my routine with some stretching and went home to drink a protein fruit smoothie.


For lunch, I mixed some mandarin oranges, a can of albacore tuna, and some mayonnaise in a bowl, and ate it with a spoon.  For dinner, I ate a healthy meal from Panera Bread, a half chicken sandwich with hummus and tomatoes on whole grain bread, along with some black bean soup and an apple.  The total calories from the meal was only 450 calories, with 25 grams of protein and a whopping 18 grams of fiber!


I finished my day off with a little bit of dark chocolate and a few sips of red wine.  My abs are still sore but I am gaining energy, and I cannot wait to work out some more!



Romans 8:5-6

Amplified Bible (AMP)
5For those who are according to the flesh and are controlled by its unholy desires set their minds on and [a]pursue those things which gratify the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit and are controlled by the desires of the Spirit set their minds on and [b]seek those things which gratify the [Holy] Spirit. 6Now the mind of the flesh [which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit] is death [death that [c]comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter]. But the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever].

No comments:

Post a Comment