Monday, February 13, 2012

Getting with the Program

Day Three

Planet FitnessToday, I had my first appointment with a fitness trainer at Planet Fitness.  His name was Shawn, and he showed my how to properly use the equipment, and designed a fitness program which was tailored to my goal to simply shake this fat off of my body. 

The program consisted of working out for an hour per day, six days per week, consisting of 30 minutes of strength training followed by 30 minutes of cardio.  
Each day isolates a different muscle group.  For example, on Mondays I will just do the machines that strengthen my back.  On Tuesday, Legs, and so forth.  On Saturdays, I will do circuit training, which is a simultaneous combination of strength training and cardio.  

My choice of machine for cardio is a machine called the Arc Trainer, which is kind of like an elliptical machine but has a more fluid ice skating type of motion.  I have seen these machines before but never used one until Shawn recommended it to me and showed me how to use it.  I tried the machine out for 30 minutes today and had a blast.

All in all, I love the environment at Planet Fitness, and the low cost.  It is only $1 to get started and only $10 per month after that, with unlimited personal training.  I recommend that anyone, looking to get started on the path to health, check this place out. 
 There are several locations across the U.S.  For more information, check out the website.  I am overly excited about how much better I feel already, and I cannot wait for tomorrow's workout.

As far as my nutrition aspect of my journey, I began the day with some high-fiber Kashi cereal with bananas.  After my workout, I made a protein shake with coconut milk, bananas, a small orange, and some whey protein powder.  It tasted like an orange cream-sickle and was delicious.  
For lunch, I had some healthy home-made chicken tenders that my wife made, using whole wheat flour for the breading.  I also became familiarized with salad again by eating spinach leaves covered in a low-calorie yogurt ranch dressing.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Vegetables, in my former mindset, was solely for the rabbits to eat.  However, this is no longer my thought if I want to live a healthy, vibrant lifestyle, and I do!

Philippians 4:13 Amplified Bible (AMP)
"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency]".

No comments:

Post a Comment